Based in São Paulo, Brazil
7 August, 2013
Headblaster is a fastpaced freeware 2D topdown action game.The player has to collect medicine to control the charachter's headache and stress in a randomly generated city. The higher the stress, the closer to death, but also the more powerful the player gets.
Headblaster is Loud Noises' ﬁrst project. Originally conceived as a weird sci-ﬁ game inspired by Crank (the movie with Jason Statham) and Akira, it's evolved in a retro-arcade experimental drug survival game.
- Arcade game ﬁlled with simple and frenetic action!
- Simple controls. Easy to play, hard to master!
- Grab pills - or you die!
- Run like hell - your head is about to explode!
- Terrible side-effects - some pills are made of out of date ﬂour
- Terrible hordes of humans - actually they are (almost) harmless!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BIG Festival 2014 - Revelation Brazil Award Finalist" Sao Paulo, 14 May, 2014
- "SBGames 2013 Finalist - Best PC/Web Game" Sao Paulo, 19 October, 2013
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available for free from willpoletto.bandcamp.com.
About Loud Noises
Loud Noises is a “gang” of game makers based in São Paulo (Brazil). Since 2013 we got a (questionable) reputation from our different projects such as Headblaster, a freeware PC arcade game, and Doti-Doti no Gaea, a mobile educational game about recycling. Our members are also active within the local game developer community, where our members have organized events (SPjam and SPIN) and a portrait series about the people involved in the game development scene (Retratos Independentes). We were the winners of a government grant in 2014 by SPCine (a company of movies and visual arts controlled by the São Paulo government). Since then, we have been working on a turn-based RPG inspired by a cartoon show. This game is estimated to be released in 2018.
More information on Loud Noises, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Programming, additional Game Design
Game Design, Art
Music and Sound Design