Based in São Paulo, Brazil
January 31, 2013
Press / Business contact:
+55 (11) 94358 2244
Loud Noises is a “gang” of game makers based in São Paulo (Brazil). Since 2013 we got a (questionable) reputation from our different projects such as Headblaster, a freeware PC arcade game, and Doti-Doti no Gaea, a mobile educational game about recycling. Our members are also active within the local game developer community, where our members have organized events (SPjam and SPIN) and a portrait series about the people involved in the game development scene (Retratos Independentes). We were the winners of a government grant in 2014 by SPCine (a company of movies and visual arts controlled by the São Paulo government). Since then, we have been working on a turn-based RPG inspired by a cartoon show. This game is estimated to be released in 2018.
The studio emerged in 2013 after the Global Game Jam when three friends (Asai, Diego and José) were happy working together and created a small game, Space Castaway. They decided to continue making games together, and working on their free time, they continued the work and launched Headblaster. It reached out to those seeking for a retro-arcade experience and gathered almost eight thousand plays and over 30 thousand views on Gamejolt.After that
In 2014, LAUT was developed during the Goethe Game Jam, and it was chosen as finalist to be displayed at the A Maze/Berlin. During the same year, the seed for another project - Glitch Gazette - was born. We joined efforts with others to launch this project. We asked two questions to a total of developers, journalists, academics, critics and really anyone involved with games and game culture and gathered the answers with a Twine game (which you can experiment on our itch.io). In 2015 we developed a playable theory about recycling for the Reverta exhibit called Doti-Doti no Gaea. This game was played by over 21 thousand visitors and it was finalist during the exhibit. After a few months dormant, Loud Noises came back and is currently been working on a turn-based RPG inspired by a cartoon show. This game is estimated to be released in 2018. Additionally, we are also working on an unannounced project, to be released also in late 2017.
Headblaster Trailer YouTube
Doti Doti no Gaea YouTube
There are far more images available for Loud Noises, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BIG Festival 2016 - BIG Impact: Best Environmental Game Finalist" - Sao Paulo, 30 June, 2016
- "BIG Festival 2014 - Revelation Brazil Award Finalist" - Sao Paulo, 14 May, 2014
- "Comkids Inovação" - Sao Paulo, 24 April, 2014
- "A Maze./Berlin - Goethe São Paulo Gamejam Winner" - Berlin, 9 April, 2014
- "SBGames 2013 Finalist - Best PC/Web Game" - Sao Paulo, 19 October, 2013
- "Headblaster Is Frantic, Hilarious, Head-Exploding Fun"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Pop pills and pedestrians until your brain explodes in Headblaster"
- Paul Hack, IndieGames.com
- "(...) Headblaster by Loud Noises raises a middle finger salute and screams out "fuck it - let's take some drugs!" before exploding onto your screen in a short-lived yet riotous cacophony of fun."
- Anton MacArthur, RGCD
- "Desenvolvedor lança projeto para saber: por que você gosta de jogos?"
- Bruno Izidro, Kotaku Brasil
Random thoughts by the crew @ Loud Noises medium.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Brazilian Ralph Wiggum, Artist
Narrative Designer, PR Manager
Music, Sound Design, Freelancer
Music, Sound Design, Freelancer